- Quality characteristics of Moringa powder:
The following comparison has been drawn up based on the nutritional information system of the University of Hohenheim. The analyses data were compared with the analysis data of around 1000 different foods.
A given amount of moringa leaves contain:
* 1.3 times more essential amino acids than eggs
* 1.9 times more fiber than whole grain wheat
* 4.5 times more vitamin E than wheat seedlings
* About as much vitamin C as fruit salad
* 2.4 times more beta-carotene than carrots
* 6.9 times more vitamin B1 and B2 than yeast
* 4.7 times more folic acid than beef liver
* 3.4 times more potassium than a banana
* 2.2 times more magnesium than brown millet
* 1.3 times more zinc than a pork cutlet
* 8.8 times more iron than beef fillet (loin)
* 17 times more calcium than cow's milk (raw milk)
* 2-3 times more lutein for eye protection lutein than kale
* 6 times more cardioprotective polyphenols than red wine
* 37 times greater antioxidant properties than grapes
* 6 times more alpha-linolenic acid (O 3) than linoleic acid (O 6)
This combination is unique!
Our moringa powder is of course 100% pure and contains no additives, flavouring, colouring, etc.
Minimum shelf-life: 3 years if stored in cool and dry place
Add 1 heaping teaspoon to a cup of boiling water and let it steep for 5 minutes.
- General information about Moringa:
Moringa oleifera is a type of shrub or tree that is native to India. Moringa contains a high proportion of mustard oil which makes it smell and taste somewhat like horseradish.
Local populations use the entire Moringa plant, but it is mostly appreciated for its high nutrient content. It is also commonly used to prevent and control vitamin and nutritonal deficiencies, and it is used in traditional Ayurvedic Indian medicine.