The origin of all today's vans and vans goes back to the plate wagons used in Volkswagen production in Wolfsburg in the late 1940s for in-house transport, which inspired the Dutch importer Ben Pon to come up with an idea for a transport vehicle. At the end of the 1940s, VW developed several prototypes for a large vehicle that was suitable for transport purposes. Since none of the initially desired names could be used without restriction, the new vehicle class was given the name "Transporter".
From March 8, 1950, the first generation van was mass-produced. The car with the typical V-shaped front section and the divided windscreen was available in different versions, including a minibus. The technology was based on that of the Volkswagen Type 1, the so-called Beetle, so that the T1 had an air-cooled four-cylinder boxer engine. The performance of the reliable rear engine with a displacement of 1.2 liters increased from 1961 to 34 hp. The luxury version of the minibus, the special nine-seater model, is still known as the "Samba Bus" and, with its oval roof windows, very comfortable seats, a folding roof and many chrome parts, it has an unmistakable automotive charm.
detailed interior with dashboard and benches
movable doors and tailgate
movable front wheel linkage
The roof can either be closed or built with a collapsible folding roof
European and American bumper designs
chrome hubcaps, door handles, wipers and chrome front badge
authentic decals with decorative stripes and various marks (D, NL, F, GB and USA)
- Product type: Model kit
- Age recommendation according to the manufacturer: 14 years and older
- Assembly necessary: Yes
- GENERAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Color: Multicolored
- Width: 370 mm
- Height: 85 mm
- Depth: 340 mm
- Weight: 675 g
- Scope of delivery: Model kit
- Pack dimensions (WxHxD) (cm): 8 cm / 34 cm / 35.2 cm
- Warnings: Preservatives, preservatives, agents de préservation:METHYLCHLOROISOTHIAZOLINONE, METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE, BENZISOTHIAZOLINONE, Attention! For children over 8 years only. Use under adult supervision. Contain solvent-based glue.
- Hazard warnings: H315 Causes skin irritation., H319 Causes serious eye irritation., H317 May cause an allergic skin reaction., H335 May cause respiratory irritation., H302 Harmful if swallowed., H412 Harmful to aquatic organisms, with long-term effects.
- Safety instructions: P271-Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area. / P280 protective gloves / protective clothing / eye protection / face protection wear. / P302 + P352 - IF ON SKIN: wash with plenty of water.